What I learnt in 2016

Happy new year, guys! I hope you all are having the best start to the year!
As every year, 2016 had it’s ups and downs. Personally for me, there were a lot more ups than downs, and tonnes and tonnes of things to learn. Reflecting back on the past year, I’ve grown so much, not only professionally, but as a person as well. And today, I’m just penning down the things 2016 taught me, hoping to share some of my experiences with you guys, and I’d love to know what you learnt this year too!

2016 taught me patience, and that good things take time. Eventually everything that you truly want, will find it’s way to you. All you gotta do is be patient.
2016 taught me to work hard.
2016 also taught me that sometimes it’s okay to not work too hard and take some time out for yourself.
I learnt that almost every single thing around us has thought and effort put into it, and sometimes it’s nice to not let it go unnoticed.
I learnt that just saying ‘thank you’ and ‘please’ can make the world of a difference.
I learnt that I am very very lucky to live the life I live. The fact that I not only have basic necessities, but a lot lot more than that is a gift that I will always be grateful for.
I learnt that I’ve changed a lot as a person this year, for the good.
I also learnt that I’ve not changed enough, and can be a  not-so-nice person sometimes (gotta work on that in 2017 haha)
I learnt that we can’t always have good, happy times. It’s okay to have your down moments. They just let you appreciate the high moments so much more.
I learnt that all I need in life is a few people whom I love and trust to keep me going.
I learnt to not be lazy (sometimes).
I learnt that I love to travel, and as amazing as 2016 was for me to travel, I hope that 2017 is better!
I learnt that it’s okay to be proud of yourself, but without being a snob (see what I did there?)
I could go on, but lastly, I learnt that you guys are the best. The absolute best. I could never thank you guys enough. Y’all keep me inspired, motivated and just make my day, all the time. And every time I’m upset, or I log onto YouTube or Instagram and come across a hateful comment, the only thing that keeps me going is YOU. I hope that 2017 is the best year of your life, and gives you everything that you could ever ask for, and so so much more.
P.S. Tell me what you learnt in 2016 in the comments below, I’d love to know!

Top, necklace – Zara; Skirt – Candidly Couture; Shoes – Forever21

Images by – Mohit Varu

Shot at – Billionaire Bar & Kitchen

24 Comments

1. January 3, 2017 / 8:42 am

Hi love i learned to be independent and do little things by myself…but i also learned that ppl change i know this year u got really busy with travelling and other things..good for u sweetheart but we missed aashna that found time to reply back to emails and comments now we just feel unnoticed u were the 1st blogger i ever followed on insta and i yet love u but just miss the times i got notified that u have relied to my comment and tagged me in ur comment..keep up the good work we love u.

2. January 3, 2017 / 7:11 pm

You are so amazing at whatever you do❤️✨ wow so much for 2016👌🏼💯 Your post gives me so many take away messages , most important being that I am very very lucky too to be living such a wonderful life! Forever grateful 🙏🏼✨
    I learnt that it's okay if people don't like you (not everyone has good taste) 😉
    I learn that if people cared you would know! And no matter how good you are to people, it won't make them good to you!
    This past year has taught me a lot more about people!!
    I hope I am surrounded by positive and good vibes only this new year 🌸❤️🙏🏼
    Lots of love, hugs and kisses to my most fav❤️😘

3. January 3, 2017 / 7:12 pm

Also, I forgot to mention that you look super hot in all the pictures😍🔥

4. January 4, 2017 / 10:42 am

In 2016 i learnt tht not always good happens to you ..bas times come,n it becomes vry difficult at times to hold on ur hopes ….but its okh bad times go …I m vry willingly strtn my blog pg i shared this to mah parents n family …unfortunately no 1 supported me ..rather they wld try to convince me tht this wld b vry difficult ,risky ,too much competition is their,financial problms n all ..i was getting demotivated but at such times i come on ur insta or utube or ur interviews pgs n look at u listen to wht u speak n i used to get a lil peace from tht frustration ….really tht time i cld not control mahslf from contacting u through mail .n luckily i got ur reply ..tht day i was vry clam n din cried at all ..ssly ,i dono abt others but if u ask abt me ..I really n honestly respect u love u ….ur every word inspires me ..i follow u not only for accounts ..but also wht u say ..ur words teaches me new chapters of life ,thankful to god tht he gave me such a flawless person (u mah stunner) who fits in d place of role model so perfectly tht now no 1 else can take it for sure i can guarantee tht ….plz i wish tht u also read mah 1st blog ,i wld b vry vry thankful to u for so
    2016 gave me a bst gift of mah life
    Yea i did made many memories in 2016 tht i can cherish fo the whole life ,
    Tht poloroid with u is 1 of thm …..
    Mah stunnee really plz keep goin n slaying with ur smile …ur smile is everything 😍❤no 1 else in d whole world will b havn such a special smile ..for me atleast ♡♡
    I learnt to keep goin no matter how bad eveythn is turning to b …jus keep goin n doin ur wrk properly n honestly ..
    I learnt tht yes their are many people around us some r bad ..some r good ..some show they r bad but they r good n vice versa.
    It is not necessary tht every 1 will b good to u always ..somtimes they mi8 b bad to u ..mean to u …so rather thn regreting on tht its better to move on n ignore such people n ur life removing them out of ur life mi8 make u feel weird at the strt but it gets fine as the time passes by .
    I learnt not to turst any1 so easily .

5. January 4, 2017 / 10:47 am

I also learnt to wait patiently for thee things to happen n yes u get it if u wish for it strngly n i have a live eg ..it mah damn wish to see u in real but was desperate as i missed 1 chance n was waiting for nxt n u were so busy travelling over seas ..but suddenly *bliss* thankful to Clinique for completing mah wish so well ♡♡*bliss*
    I learnt tht i shldnt hurry for takn any decisions .
    N yea last but not the least ….being kind always hlps then being rude.

6. January 19, 2017 / 7:18 am

I learnt in 2016 that it is scary to pursue you want but not impossible. And the risk is worth it! So this year I started blogging and soon will start YouTube soon and I just wanna do what I want to and lets see where that goes. And even if it goes nowhere atleast I'll be doing what I love 😊

7. January 20, 2017 / 3:56 pm

1. I learnt how to feel far more important and lucky to be surrounded by people you love.
    2. I learnt the power of Social Media and was inspired to start my own blog 🙂

Looking forward to a better 2017, and wishing you all the luck!

8. March 3, 2017 / 5:13 am

While the UFC waits for its mainstream stars to return to the octagon, the promotion has booked a UFC 209 card that appeals directly to its. Lando Vannata knew he was ready for the UFC when he got the call last year to face No. 2 ranked lightweight Tony Ferguson on just two.
    UFC 209
    UFC 209 Live , UFC 209 Fight Card
    UFC 209 Live Stream , UFC 209 Fight

The return of Georges St-Pierre livens up the UFC pay-per-view depth chart. At the time of his 2013 hiatus after a ninth consecutive. Set to take on Marcin Tybura (14-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) at Saturday's UFC 209, Henrique (10-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC) will have one of his big examples.
    UFC 209
    UFC 209 Live Stream , UFC 209 Live
    UFC 209 Fight , UFC 209 Fight Card

9. March 9, 2017 / 2:24 am

Following having a few times with mid-major March Madness championship video games claiming the college or universityMarch Madness Live field hockey spotlight, the Power 5 March Madness Live Stream conference tournaments learn to take center stage today. These kinds of are the games that will help define how a bubble and the back again end of the NCAA March Madness Bracket Tournament bracket shakes away.
    March Madness 2017
    On Wednesday, Syracuse, Arkansas, March Madness 2017 Live California, TCU, Ohio Condition, Wake Forest, 2017 March Madness Virginia Technical, Texas Tech, Xavier and The south all play game titles NCAA March Madness that will either help solidify their at-large berth/seed or make Selection Weekend more of an restless day. march madness schedule

One other quick note: I moved Gonzaga back up to the top seed line after a third thoroughly impressive win over a very good Saint Mary's team in the WCC subject game. That's not total, though. The Pac-12 competition champion march madness schedule 2017 could easily end up there by the end of the week, particularly if the winner of the Arizona/UCLA semifinal beats Or in it game.

10. March 9, 2017 / 10:58 am

Following having a few days and nights with mid-major March Madness championship video games claiming the schoolMarch Madness Live golf ball spotlight, the Power 5 March Madness Live Stream conference tournaments commence to take center stage today. These kinds of are the games that will help define the way the bubble and the back again end of the NCAA March Madness Bracket Tournament bracket shakes away.
    March Madness 2017
    On Wednesday, Syracuse, Ohio, March Madness 2017 Live California, TCU, Ohio Condition, Wake Forest, 2017 March Madness Virginia Technical, Texas Tech, Xavier and The south all play video games NCAA March Madness that will either help solidify their at-large berth/seed or make Selection Weekend more of an restless day. march madness schedule

One other quick note: I moved Gonzaga back up to the top seed line after a third thoroughly impressive win over a very good Saint Mary's team in the WCC name game. That's not total, though. The Pac-12 competition champion march madness schedule 2017 could easily end up there by the end of the week, particularly if the winner of the Arizona/UCLA semifinal beats Or in it game.

11. March 15, 2017 / 7:43 am

Vermont: Despite the fact this Tar Heels lost in the ACC match semifinals, they Fight it out over the rules for most of the first about half. Justin Knutson, who has got formulated some sort of good perimeter online game, together with a foul-free Fran Fruit II will be the car keys.
    March Madness

March Madness Live

March Madness Live Stream

March Madness 2017

Without a doubt, we all know Level Couple never built one more Four. This power team, filled by using skilled scorers which will at the same time shut down opposing team, shall be her first
    March Madness 2017 Live

ncaa March Madness

ncaa march madness live

ncaa tournament

March Madness Bracket

ncaa final four

Irrespective of whether you’re still relating to the fence with that 8-9 sport, or simply are seeking a good general opinion opinion on the Previous Several picks, we’ve became anyone dealt with which has a standing of their 68 teams in the event. You can now together with get your choice upon hundreds of mid-major darlings you’ve recently been eyeing designed for ticked-off probable.
    March Madness

March Madness Live

March Madness Live Stream

March Madness 2017

March Madness 2017 Live

ncaa March Madness

ncaa march madness live

ncaa tournament

March Madness Bracket

ncaa final four

Villanova: The most notable entire seedling. Inspite of the team’s placement inside the most challenging region (the Eastern, by using matchups vs Fight it out in addition to SMU looming), Villanova’s three-man pungent heart with Jalen Brunson, Josh Hart together with Kris Jenkins maintain a pool of possibilities to help you repeat since national champs.

12. March 21, 2017 / 7:45 pm

Our coach did a good job of shielding us from the outside world. We were a really together group, a close-knit group. But all the attention that we received, that's why you go to Duke. You want to play in those games. You want that attention and that pressure. It's awesome.''

March Madness

March Madness Live

March Madness Live Stream

March Madness 2017

March Madness 2017 Live

ncaa March Madness

ncaa march madness live

ncaa tournament

March Madness Bracket

ncaa final four

Since we were in Philadelphia, everyone was making the Rocky comparisons. Some of our coaches even said they ran up the [Philadelphia Art Museum] steps. I remember when Duke went to the open practice, it was like a rock concert.''

13. March 24, 2017 / 6:54 pm

Both strategies would produce more fouls, and perhaps that is the problem: Drummond is below 40 percent from the line again, and shows no desire to get there.

March Madness

March Madness Live

March Madness Live Stream

March Madness 2017

March Madness 2017 Live

ncaa March Madness

ncaa march madness live

ncaa tournament

March Madness Bracket

ncaa final four

etroit's remaining schedule is manageable, and they have key head-to-head games left against Miami and Milwaukee. But they're now one game out of the No. 8 spot in the loss column, with the worst divisional record — a potentially

14. April 4, 2017 / 12:16 am

The Masters Tournament, also known as The Masters or The US Masters, is one of the four major championships in professional golf. The Masters is scheduled for the first full week of April, and it is the first of the majors to be played each year.

The masters

The masters Live

The masters Live Stream

Masters golf result

Masters results

Masters Golf Leaderboard

Master Leaderboard

Masters Tournament 2017 live coverage from Augusta National Golf Club at CBSSports.com. Watch the tournament live, choose cameras and get live stats.