Skipping foundation and concealer :
Because it’s so humid outside, foundation or concealer will make you look a complete mess in this weather. Instead, I recommend using a primer and powder for daily wear. If you don’t use foundation or concealer on a regular basis, you can skip the powder. I use the Clinique SuperPrimer because I think it works best for my skin. The Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder is the only powder I’ve tried that has actually stayed matte for an entire day, and I cannot do without it. Since Rimmel products aren’t very easy to source in Mumbai, you can buy it online here. Delivery does take a while, though.
Blush & Eyes :
I use The Body Shop’s Lip & Cheek Stain on my cheeks. It is extremely light and gives a completely natural blush that I absolutely love! As I’m sure you all know, eye make up has to be waterproof in this weather. You definitely don’t want to end up with runny mascara by the end of the day. I use the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara and it’s amazing! Also, if you use eyeliner everyday, you should try the Mac Liquidlast Liner. It’s waterproof and I’ve been using it every monsoon for almost 5 years now!
Lastly, for all you lipstick lovers, try not to use a heavy or creamy lipstick. Switch to matte ones instead. The Revlon Color Burst Matte lip balm is a must try! They have loads of colour options, from nudes to purples and reds. The texture is super light and it lasts really long. Since I usually wear a pink lipstick, my favourite shade is Showy Flamboyance.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind during the rains :
1. After cleansing your face, rub an ice cube on it for a minute or two. This helps with oily skin, and also sensitive skin that may be prone to acne.
2. Just because it’s really humid outside, doesn’t mean you deprive your skin of daily moisturising. Stick to your daily CTM routine twice a day.
3. Try to avoid using products that are too creamy or have a heavy texture. Stick to powders.
4. If your makeup begins to run while you’re out, don’t wipe it with your hand. Just blot your skin with oil blotting sheets and try to fix your makeup the first chance you get.
5. Avoid using an eyebrow pencil or any powders to shape your brows unless absolutely necessary.
6. You may think the sun isn’t harsh in this weather so you can skip your sunscreen, but trust me, even if the sun’s hiding behind the clouds, sunscreen is an absolute must.