That colour is not for me!

Playsuit : Originally from Primark, bought from Pax at Colaba ; Belt : The Snob Shop ; Shoes : New Look ; Bag : Manish Market (Andheri west) ; Sunglasses : Gift

While I was looking through all the gorgeous dresses from this year’s Cannes red carpet, one that really caught my eye was Uma Thurman’s canary yellow Versace gown that she wore for the Pulp Fiction anniversary tribute. It was so different from all the others, and the way she pulled off the colour was absolutely perfect!

I always tend to shy away from bright yellows because I believe that the colour can look a little loud on my skin tone. But since I’ve been in the experimenting mood lately, I decided to take inspiration from Uma Thurman and give canary yellow a try. This halter neck playsuit had been lying at the back of my closet for probably 2 years now, and every time I’d clean my wardrobe, I’d see it there with the price tag still on, making me feel guilty. I never got rid of it because I hoped I’d wear it someday. And finally, this playsuit got to see the light of day! I wore a mirrored belt for some break in the yellow, and created a contrast with pink framed sunglasses and nails to match. Once the entire look was done, I was actually pleased with myself and I kind of wished I had tried the colour a little sooner.

So the next time you think a colour is not for you, think again. Maybe it is for you, but you just don’t know it yet! Don’t hold back on trying bold colours. Experiment and give it a shot! It’s the right season for bright tangerines and yellows, and you never know, you might just surprise yourself and fall in love with the colours just the way I did!

12 Comments

1. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Hi Kirti
    Thank you so much! πŸ™‚ Your blog link didn't work. Would love to check it out πŸ™‚

2. Anonymous
    February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Hey Aashna you're an inspiration to me. I'm 18 and planning to be a fashion Blogger as well . Would you like to suggest me anything like which helps me to put my best foot forward?

3. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Thank you so so much Yashika! πŸ˜€ :*

4. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Hi Prachi. Thankyou! πŸ˜€ Yes do try it. And let me know how it looks! The sunnies were a gift, so I don't really know where they're from. πŸ™

5. Anonymous
    February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Absolutely stunning aashna ! This look is amazing !
    I hav got a similar outfit , but was wondering whether it would look good on me πŸ™‚ I guess I shall try it now ..let me also experiment πŸ˜‰ hehe .
    I loved d sunnies . Will I get it at snob shop ?
    -Prachi

6. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

That color definitely is for you πŸ˜€
    lovin' the flats, bag and sunglasses!
    Also, i must say that you have done full justice to this canary yellow color, more than Uma Thurman :*

7. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Hi Rupa. Thank you so much πŸ˜€ Love your blog btw πŸ™‚ Good luck!

8. February 7, 2015 / 9:14 am

Wow! You should wear more yellow in fact. No need to be cautious. You rock this playsuit! Totally. Loving your blog. Found it today. I also love your collection of sunnies. And this blog post reminded me to wear a playsuit that I have also kept with its tags on…

Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!