Summer but not really summer!

Summer but not really summer!

Jacket – Mango (old); Leggings – Hill road, Bandra; Camisole – Forever 21; Boots – MakeMeChic.com; Sunnies & Rings – The Snob Shop

This look was shot a couple of weeks ago in London. Although it’s supposed to be spring/summer, the weather was nowhere close to what I expected! It was 10 degrees, and I was freezing all the time. Even indoors! I usually feel like I am on the verge of frostbite even in Bombay winters, so dealing with the wind and temperature in London was extremely difficult for me. Wearing one jacket wasn’t enough, and I ended up wearing gloves most of the time!
Since I wore only leather jackets and boots unless the weather chose to be a little kind to me, I decided to do a post on one of my favourite looks from London.
Camisoles are my go-to piece of clothing for the summer. All stores have them in hundreds of colours and prints, and sometimes I just want to buy the whole lot! They look flattering, and provide the perfect amount of comfort for the season. You can team them up with jeans or shorts during the day, and just add statement jewellery for the night! I wore this magenta cami with these white mesh inset leggings that were an amazing street find! The boots I wore with this outfit were ordered from MakeMeChic, (at a steal of 11 dollars!) and they were initially grey coloured. I wasn’t very happy with the way they looked, though. So my inner Picasso got to work and coloured them black with ink, and I was very proud with the way they turned out. I wore my black leather peplum jacket and silver accessories to complete the look.
Don’t forget to tell me what you think in the comments below!

28 Comments

1. May 20, 2014 / 3:56 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

2. May 20, 2014 / 4:01 pm

I don't think comments would be enough to describe you in your every looks … #Absolutely Stunning โค

3. Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 / 5:06 pm

Can I know which shop at hill road did you buy them from? I really like them n you look amazing in them:D

• Anonymous
      May 24, 2014 / 7:31 am

Please reply

• May 28, 2014 / 6:02 am

Hi! Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I got them from one of the stalls near the signal at the end of hill road!

4. May 20, 2014 / 6:34 pm

Love it…plz tell us d hill road shop…d leggings r awsmeeeee

• May 28, 2014 / 6:02 am

They're from one of the street stalls at the signal near the end of hill road ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Anonymous
    May 20, 2014 / 7:20 pm

Hey cn u pls tel me wat to wear under such deep backs…i mean i don buy such camisoles jus bcos of not knowin abt d rit innerwear…

• May 28, 2014 / 6:03 am

Hi. Yes, that used to be a big problem for me too! But i wear a bra which has the option of removing the straps, and it works just fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2014 / 9:11 am

Hea ty so much bt den removin d straps sorts out d problem from d shoulders bt wat abt d back of d bra…wat to do wen v wear backless or deep back dresses….as in third pic of urs i cn see d back of d top is deep…n v cant see d back of d bra ….n i hv also heard of stick on silicon bra….so dus it wrk…???pls help

• May 30, 2014 / 5:11 am

Hey. Yes in this look I've just worn it without the straps, but if you have a deeper back, I'd suggest the stick on ones. You do get stick ons without the silicon as well. Hope this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Anonymous
    May 21, 2014 / 4:22 am

Yes , the above one is a good question ! I had the same doubt ..Please tell us aashna ๐Ÿ™‚ …
    N yeh I loved the pink top โ™กโ™ฅ it looks sexy !!

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2014 / 3:33 am

-prachi

• May 28, 2014 / 6:04 am

Hi Prachi. Yes, I answered the above question ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Anonymous
    May 24, 2014 / 7:36 pm

Hey can you tell me the exact place you got these leggings from ?
    Where exactly on hill road ?

• May 28, 2014 / 6:05 am

Hi. They are from a stall at the end of hill road. Near the signal ๐Ÿ™‚

8. May 25, 2014 / 9:02 am

Hi aashna. Your blog articles and instagram posts amaze me each time. Pretty vague question but could you please let me know which camera and lens does your photographer friend use? The background blur is too killer.

• May 28, 2014 / 6:05 am

Hi. Haha thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜€ I don't know anything about lenses though, but the camera is a Canon 650D. Hope that helps! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. May 26, 2014 / 8:22 am

^good question ๐Ÿ˜€ I agree.

Aashna, you are such a jawdrop beauty! Love the whole outfit! The sunnies looks killer on you :*

10. Anonymous
    May 27, 2014 / 6:46 pm

Hey aashna i realy lik readin ur blog n m a fan of ur style bt m sory to say dats realy bad on ur side to not to reply to d comments on ur blog…i mean if so many gals lov readin ur blog n u do so much of effort to dress up n shoot u shud hv a lil courtesy to reply…or is it u jus lik gettin compliments n don care wat else oders say….no hard feelings bt dats realydisappointin…

• May 28, 2014 / 6:08 am

Hey there! I appreciate it. I've been travelling and been crazily busy, but no excuses, sincere apologies. Back on home ground and focused now. Knowing that I can help inspire girls with my style is an amazing feeling, and I have and will always value every feedback and comment I get ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous
      May 28, 2014 / 9:16 am

Hey ty so much for replyin…n m sory if i hv hurt u….it ws jus dat i wanted u to interact wid us…n yes u r realy hot…trust me ur man is gonna b so lucky….:):)keep bloggin n keep inspirin us…tc

• May 30, 2014 / 5:08 am

Hey. No worries love. Any kind of comments, good or bad, are appreciated. They will only help me get better ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you so so much ๐Ÿ™‚

11. purvi
    June 2, 2014 / 1:20 pm

plz tel wer cn i get dis top from?

12. Anonymous
    July 29, 2014 / 2:37 pm

Hi.. can you please tell me what are the Indian custom charges like for online purchases of dresses, shoes, etc from say a UK website?